Roxanne is the Gym Leader of the Rustboro Gym. She uses Rock-types.
In Ruby/Sapphire, her team consists of a Level 14 Geodude and a Level 15 Nosepass. The Geodude knows Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw and Rock Tomb, while the Nosepass knows Tackle, Harden, Rock Tomb and Rock Throw. Roxanne give out the Stone Badge, TM39 Rock Tomb, and 1500 Poké Dollars upon defeat.
In Emerald, her team consists of two Level 12 Geodudes and a Level 15 Nosepass. Both Geodudes know Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw and Rock Tomb, while the Nosepass knows Tackle, Block, Rock Tomb and Rock Throw. The Nosepass holds an Oran Berry. Roxanne give out the Stone Badge, TM39 Rock Tomb and 1500 Poké Dollars upon defeat.
Tips for beating Roxanne Edit
- Both Geodudes go down very quickly to Water and Grass moves due to their 4x weakness.
- Unlike Brock, all of Roxanne's Pokemon have Rock moves. This makes Wingull, Dustox and Beautifly potentially hazardous Pokémon to use.
- The Nosepass is Roxanne's ace, and it shows. Nosepass have high defensive stats, 135 base Defense and 90 base Special Defense. In Generation III, it is a single stage Pokemon, and will thus have higher stats than most of your own Pokémon at this early stage of the game. It is a pure Rock type, and will thus lack the 4x weakness that you could exploit against the Geodudes. In Emerald, it has Block, which prevents you from switching. This could spell the death of your Pokemon if you leave a Pokémon in with bad type match up. Mudkip and Combusken have it easy for reasons stated below. Out of the three starters, Treecko has it the hardest as its Grass STAB is Absorb, which has lower base power (20) compared to Water Gun or Ember (40). Rock Tomb also lowers Treecko's best stat - Speed - and Treecko doesn't have the bulk to take too many Rock Tombs. Treecko users, be wary.
Good Pokémon to Use Edit
- Mudkip - Destroys Geodude with Water Gun, may need a Potion or an Oran berry for Nosepass.
- Combusken - Evolve Torchic and watch it destroy Geodudes and Nosepass with STAB Double Kick.
- Marill - A good choice with alright bulk. Destroys Geodude with Water Gun, but Nosepass may require a Berry or Potion.
- Shroomish - Obtain one of these in Petalburg Woods and have fun wrecking Roxanne. Absorb can take down Geodudes while Nosepass can be stalled out with a combination of Leech Seed, Absorb and Stun Spore.
- Poochyena - An acceptable substitute if you really have no other choices. Bite allows it to prey on the Geodude's low Special Defense and hit neutrally against Nosepass. Will require a decent amount of Potions, though, especially considering Poochyena's frailty.